- Be sure all oxygen administrative equipment is properly connected. (i.e. nasal cannula, mask, etc.)
- Turn the liter flow valve to your prescribed liter flow rate. (Concentration will be at a maximum after approximately 30 minutes. The concentrator is designed to run continuously. If use of the concentrator begins after the machine has been turned off, make sure to allow time for the concentrator to warm up.)
- The equipment is now ready to use. Turn on/off switch to “on” and begin use.
- IF use of the humidifier is prescribed:
a. Fill humidifier bottle to marked line on jar with distilled water. (available at any supermarket)
b. Be sure humidifier bottle is screwed on tightly. (If is loose, it will affect the flow rate of the oxygen. However, be careful to not screw it down so tight that you crack the plastic.)
- Dust the concentrator cabinet with damp cloth a needed.
- Remove external filter weekly, wash in warm soapy water, rinse thoroughly and dry completely. Place the filter back into concentrator and continue use. (Keeping an extra filter handy is a good idea and change out one filter for the other during the cleaning process.)
- IF use of a humidifier is prescribed, follow these instructions for cleaning:
a. Unscrew the humidifier jar from the concentrator.
b. Unscrew the humidifier jar from the cap.
c. Empty the water left in the jar.
d. Wash the humidifier jar and cap in hot, soapy water. (mild detergent such as liquid dish soap)
e. Rinse thoroughly in clear warm water.
f. Soak in a solution of 1 part vinegar and 3 parts water for 10 minutes. (Plastic parts may become tacky if left in solution for more that 10 minutes)
g. Rinse thoroughly again.
h. Allow to thoroughly dry in room air.
HUMIDIFIERS SHOULD BE CLEANED DAILY TO REDUCE THE POSSIBILITY OF CONTAMINATION AND/OR EQUIPMENT MALFUNCTION.
- Other disposable parts, (such as cannulas or masks) should also be cleaned every few days. Follow the above instructions for washing humidifiers, soaking, rinsing, and drying when washing these disposable items.
CLEANING SOLUTION MAY BE RE-USED FOR TWO WEEKS IF KEPT IN A COVERED CONTAINER (TUPPERWARE). DISPOSE OF SOLUTION AFTER TWO WEEKS.